July 11-12 / Oakwood Beach, Chicago / 18+
3-Day Passes ($129.50), Single Day Tickets ($67.50) & VIP Tickets Available Here
Summers in Chicago have become synonymous with Music Festivals, so much so that you can find some fantastic nationally touring musical acts in the Windy City every weekend from April through September. This year, Chicago’s Oakwood Beach will host a brand new festival, Mamby On The Beach, and it’s bringing one of the hottest lineups of any festival in the Midwest this summer.
Below, we take a look at everything you’ll need to know to enjoy what is sure to be one of the best musical weekends of the year.
What is Mamby On The Beach?
Mamby started as a weekly House party in the mid-2000s, and the newly spawned festival pays tribute to that scene by hosting a weekend full of electronic (or electronic-loving) music acts. React Presents, the minds behind Chicago’s Spring Awakening and North Coast Festivals, as well as Wisconsin’s Summer Set Festival, are hoping to immortalize the Mamby name in a brand new festival that will hopefully become an annual event.
The festival aims to encapsulate the amazing feeling of Chicago in the summer (truly one of the best cities in the country during June-August), and preserve the city as the home of house music. Mamby will feature a mix of DJs and electronic/electro-pop bands to help fulfill these goals. Fans will notice that there are plenty of nationally renowned artists on the bill, but with a fair mix of local acts as well. Based on the lineup alone, Mamby will have no problem accomplishing the ambitions they’ve laid out ahead of them.
Who is Playing Mamby?
A fair question, after all… it is a music festival. Headliners include Empire of the Sun, Passion Pit, and supporting acts feature a mixture of some of our favorite electronic-pop bands (Tanlines, Classixx, Phantogram) and renowned DJs (Cashmere Cat, Art Department) as well as DJ sets from LCD Soundsystem’s James Murphy, and members of Cut Copy. Also performing are Matthew Dear, Röyksopp, Felix Da Housecat, Cherub, Com Truise, Claptone, and so many more.
As with any festival, there has to be after parties. Mamby on the Beach offers some awesome after parties which will bring some of the biggest names of the weekend to local clubs throughout Chicago. You can check out the full list below, we recommend checking out another James Murphy DJ set at The Mid on Saturday, and Tanlines’ DJ Set on Sunday at Progress Bar.
- Official Mamby Beach Pre-Party: AC Slater & Hotel Garuda – the MID – RSVP for No Cover at Clubtix.com
- James Murphy (DJ Set) & George Fitzgerald – the MID – Tickets available at Clubtix.com
- Goldroom (DJ Set) & Autograf – Yacht Party – Tickets available at Clubtix.com (Ticket Includes 3 Hour Open Bar)
- Felix Da Housecat – Evil Olive – Tickets available at Clubtix.com
- Moon Boots – Primary – Tickets available at Clubtix.com
- Art Department & Gene Farris – the MID – Tickets available at Clubtix.com
- Tanlines (DJ Set) – Progress Bar – RSVP for No Cover at Clubtix.com
- Holt (DJ Set) and Glass Lux (DJ Set) – Beauty Bar – RSVP for No Cover at Clubtix.com
How To Get To Mamby on the Beach
So you’re in Chicago, and need to get to the festival, well Mamby and React Presents have plenty of options for you to get to the grounds at Oakwood Beach. Below is a list of some of the possible transportation options for attendees.
- Bike – The easiest way to Mamby on the Beach is by bike! The festival grounds are located directly off of Chicago’s Lakefront Trail, and there will be on-site bike parking in the festival grounds as well!
- CTA Train & Bus – The CTA operates both trains and buses during festival hours.
- Servicing bus routes include:
- #39 Pershing (Lake Park & Oakwood)
- #43 (Oakenwald & 43rd Street)
- #4 Cottage Grove (Cottage Grove & Pershing)
- Festival organizers recommend the following train stations:
- Cermak-Chinatown Red Line
- Cermak-McCormick Green Line
- FREE event shuttles will run loop service from Cermak-Chinatown Red Line, to Cermak-McCormick Green Line, to Event Site.
- Servicing bus routes include:
- Uber – Our preferred method of transportation in any large city,UBER offers convenient and fast travel throughout the city. Keep in mind that the beach parkinglotwill be closed, and only CTA vehicles, taxisandUbervehicleswill be allowed to drop off in the lot.
- We imagine that almost everyone reading this has used Uber before, but just in case, new users can earn a free ride by entering this code: shdsl
- Parking Lot Information -McCormick – Marshalling Yard – $14/day – Parking Lot B
3050 S. Moe Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
Directional signage will guide attendees to the Marshalling lot off 31st St.